I love Photography. I love capturing real emotions and the memories that people will hold on to forever.
I started my study of Photography in New Zealand when I was 16 years old. I had a gap in my timetable at school and thought it might be kind of fun. Our first task was to make a pin hole camera from a cardboard box. I painted it black and looked through the little viewing hole and something shifted inside me, my world changed.
Finishing up at school two years (and many darkroom hours) later it took a fair bit of persistent nagging to become the Apprentice Photographer at the firm I’d decided to work for. Eventually I wore them down and there I stayed for nearly 5 years. My teachers became my great friends.
Itchy feet meant time for a change and I made the move to Australia to see what it had on offer.
I love Melbourne! It is such a beautiful vibrant city! I spent my first year in Australia working with Robert Piccoli, one of Australia’s great Photographers, and it was here that I developed from a Film Photographer into a Digital Photographer.
I now run my own boutique Photographic Business. I am currently focusing my energy on Weddings and Family Portraits, although my door is always open to other ventures. Variety is the spice of life!
Recently I posted a blog on my approach to wedding photography, it might give you a little more insight into who I am. Click here.
Some more facts about me…
- I am a very proud Kiwi.
- I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark 2.
- My favourite colour is green.
- My favourite thing to photograph is people.
- Last year we bought a house. I am very proud of it.
- I prefer to shoot with natural light.
- I want lots of babies but do not have any … YET.
- I have studied Event Planning and plan on introducing it into my business one day.
- My favourite images are those that capture a real emotion.
- I have lived in Australia for 8 years.
- I have a cat. I love her too much.
- Mimmo Jodice was the first photographer to inspire me.
- I love tomato sauce. And I miss Watties every day.
- I studied fashion design.
- My favourite flowers are tulips.
- My partner is Dutch. He has just asked me to be his wife. I said yes.
- We have a B&B in the Yarra Valley. It desperately needs to be renovated.
- I have broken my nose three times. It is a little wonky.
- I love bacon.
I try to take my camera with me where ever I go. Here is some of my personal work.